steering group minutes 26th mar 2018 @ 29 Apr 2018

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan – Steering Group Meeting 26/03/18

Venue: 13 Blind Lane

Time: 19:30

Apologies: Joan Jones, Peter White.

Attendees: Barbara Johnson (Host), Alison Jackson, Janet Player, Phil Harcourt, Tim Edwards, Janice Heatherwick, John Eaton (Chair).

Meeting Minutes:

Minutes of the previous meeting were approved.


The Chair opened the meeting, thanking everyone for attending at short notice. The Chair also welcomed a new member to the Group – Janice Heatherwick

Southwick Parish Council:

Concerns raised that some Members of SPC do not understand the concept and purpose of Steering. Serious concerns raised about the delay caused by one Member of SPC, to delivering the Questionnaire and to the start of the Consultation process. All agreed that timeline delays and additional costs to the project are now unavoidable.

Southwick Bypass:

The Chair advised that he had met with Horace Prickett to discuss possible solutions and one proposal in particular had significant merit and could be supported by the NDP. Action: Phil to source a suitable contact in Somerset.

Lack of Dog Waste Bins

This is becoming a health hazard. Tim has written to the Chair of SPC to raise it as an issue on the next SPC meeting agenda. Could well become an aim of the NDP to increase the number of bins in the village.

Local Surface Water Flooding:

Reports provided of serious surface water events throughout the village.

Poplar Lane Traveller Site,

Phil gave an update of the latest position and activities relating to this site. Overall the situation is clearly unacceptable but WC appear to be taking no obvious action to resolve.

Standing Arrangements for Steering Group meetings:

Steering Group meetings have so far been called as and when needed. This is fine to a degree, but all thought that it would be more beneficial an ease diary planning if meetings were held on a regular anniversary. Phil formally proposed that we meet every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. After due consideration and discussion, all agreed to move forward with the proposal.

Community Right to Bid:

Alison raised the subject and provided current documentation for the Chair to review.

Meeting closed 21:45

News powered by CuteNews -